Job Title: Experienced Dairy Worker
- Perform all tasks necessary to prepare the parlour and dairy for milking. Follow the routine for the efficient and hygienic milking of cows and basic parlour maintenance.
- Understand the importance of thorough routine parlour and bulk tank wash down and follow the routine for correct use of chemicals.
- Understand the importance of mastitis and high cell counts.
- Dry cows off in line with herd policy and record.
- Understand the importance and value of accurate record keeping for statutory and management purposes.
2. Cow Welfare and Health
• Recognise signs of common ill health conditions and abnormalities.
• Identify the signs of bulling in cows and recording of cows due for service.
• Recognise signs of calving and act appropriately.
• Artificial insemination of cows
3. Foot trimming
4. Calf Rearing
5. Feeding and Nutrition
6. Dry cow management
Due to the high number of applicants, there may be a delay in responding.
To talk to us in confidence, please call 867863 between 8.30am and 4pm Monday to Thursday